On a rainy day like today, we can really appreciate some of the lesser known benefits of our new WBU High-Perch Hummingbird Feeder.
We make nectar with a sugar and water mix that most closely approximates the nectar in flowers. But if a day-long rain dilutes the nectar, the birds may stop visiting the feeder.
Our newest hummingbird feeder has two perhaps little-known design elements that help prevent that from happening:
- The raised embossed flowers (that are red versus yellow since yellow is more attractive to bees) help divert water from flowing into the port holes. This keeps the nectar bowl from being filled with rain water.
- The built-in ant moat in the middle (which stops ants from getting to the sweet nectar) has overflow holes. If it rains enough to fill the moat, the water will drain out and not dilute the nectar.
Well designed birdfeeders of any type are better for you and better for the birds. Here are some other features of our new High Perch Hummingbird feeder:
- new higher perch gives you unobstructed views of birds
- bowl design mean no dripping
- clear base lets you view hummingbird tongues lapping up nectar
- accepts optional Nectar Guards tips to keep flying insects out
- easy to clean, top rack dishwater safe
- never forget the recipe for nectar! It's embossed right on the feeder
- available in 8oz. and 12oz. sizes
- lifetime guarantee