Our Wild Birds Unlimited shop has a fairly new feeder that's really cute and lets you offer a variety of foods. It's our 3-cup Spiral Treat feeder, featuring a nice cover and 3 cute cups to fill with treats for the birds. Here's the foods we suggest and the birds that you might attract:
- Bark Butter® Bits - our popular Bark Butter in bite-sized nuggets. Made of rendered beef suet, peanut oil, roasted peanuts, corn, oats and calcium carbonate. Attract a variety of birds like woodpeckers, jays, chickadees, titmice, nuthatches, wrens, bluebirds, as well as some birds that do not normally visit feeders. Bark Butter Bits are pictured above in the bottom cup.
- Mini Nut balls - these cute little balls are made of pecans and peanuts and fit perfectly in the feeder's cup. Chickadees, nuthatches, titmice, jays, and woodpeckers will peck away at this high-fat food. Mini Nut Balls are pictured above in the middle cup.
- Nutty for Nuts™ Treats - this high-protein, high-fat treat is loaded with peanuts and large tree nuts, including almonds, walnuts, cashews and Brazil Nuts. Watch for nut-loving birds like woodpeckers, nuthatches, titmice and chickadees to eat Nutty for Nuts.
- WBU TreeNutty™ Plus Blend - a rich blend of chopped tree nuts, shelled peanuts and sunflower chips along with oil sunflower, striped sunflower and raisins. It also contains added calcium, an important ingredient that helps promote strong bones and eggs. Woodpeckers, cardinals, chickadees, titmice, nuthatches and jays will enjoy this blend, and you might also attract some fruit-eating birds like bluebirds, wrens, and catbirds too.
- Peanuts in the Shell - a special favorite of jays who will carry them off to open or cache elsewhere, you might also see woodpeckers, titmice, or chickadees peck at the shell to extract the nut inside.
- Shelled Peanuts - birdfeeding enthusiasts in England have known for years that there are many birds that love peanuts! Who likes them best here? Titmice, nuthatches, chickadees, and jays! Woodpeckers, juncos, cardinals, grosbeaks, and many other birds will also eat peanuts offered out of the shell.
Give these foods a try and enjoy watching the birds enjoy these special treats!